There's no place like first place for Oz the Great and Powerful.
The semi-prequel to the classic film The Wizard of Oz triumphed at the box office over the weekend, earning an estimated 80.3 million dollars. It also made nearly 70 million bucks overseas.
Oz the Great and Powerful, starring James Franco, Mila Kunis, Michelle Williams and Rachel Weisz, reportedly had a budget of 200 million.
Last week's top movie, Jack the Giant Slayer, slipped to second place, collecting 10 million dollars.
The Colin Farrell thriller Dead Man Down opened in the fourth spot, with 5.3 million.
Here are the top 10 movies from Friday, March 8th, through Sunday, March 10th, with estimated ticket sales, according to Hollywood.com:
1. Oz the Great and Powerful, $80.3 million.
2. Jack the Giant Slayer, $10 million.
3. Identity Thief, $6.3 million.
4. Dead Man Down, $5.3 million.
5. Snitch, $5.1 million.
6. 21 & Over, $5 million.
7. Safe Haven, $3.8 million.
8. Silver Linings Playbook, $3.7 million.
9. Escape from Planet Earth, $3.2 million.
10. The Last Exorcism Part II, $3.1 million.